ON TUESDAY, WE THE PEOPLE WILL FIND OUT: IS THEIR ANY HOPE OF RECLAIMING OUR GOVERNMENT FROM THE CROOKS?
On Tuesday, Nov. 2, the most important single election contest in recent memory will take place in Pittsfield. It’s the race for 3rd Berkshire District state rep pitting incumbent Chris Speranzo vs. challenger Mark Miller. This will be meoldrama wrapped in suspense framed by import.
This race has morphed into an early onslaught for the ethically compromised Democrat water boy into an 11th hour competitive battle whose outcome is too close to call. Moreoever, the 3rd Berkshire race has become a litmus test to see if there is a sliver of hope for We the People in reclaiming the democracy that is rightfully ours. It is our last, best chance to snatch control from the greasy hands of the career politicians who stole it from us while we weren’t paying attention.
A Tale of Two Campaigns
Consider the alleged “campaign” of the incumbent Chris “No Show” Speranzo:
* He has refused to make any public appearances, including going door to door.
* He has ducked the only two scheduled debates with his opponent, Mark Miller.
* He has not returned phone calls or e-mail message, tweets or inquiries by messenger, from the press. He has not issued any positions papers, press releases, and he does not have a campaign website. He has been, literally, in hiding at the precise time he should be up-fronting.
* He has, while “campaiging” for re-election, secretively put in for a job as clerk magistrate ($150,000 a year, lifetime appointment) and refused to deny this application.
* Another local attorney (from Lenox) reveals what was humming through the grapevine: Speranzo’s wife is a partner in a law firm whose principal serves on the nominating and approving commission for that very same cler mag’s job. This woman sat in on this lawyer’s interview. Speranzo thought not to mention this conflict of interest, which is something every honest man or woman whould have done.
* Spurs tried to hide all this from the electorate. It was only the agressive work of the press, primarily Conor Berry of the Berkshire Eagle, Jonathan Levine of The Pittsfield Gazette, and Yours Truly of PLANET VALENTI, that informed the electorate of the swindle in progress.
Meanwhile, consider what MARK MILLER has done during this campaign:
* Miller has worn out shoe leather going door to door.
* Miller has one of the best candidate websites extant on the web, full of information.
* Miller has answered every question and attended every debate.
* Miller has demonstrated an incisive command of the issues affecting Pittsfield in the present and beyond.
* Miller has refused money from lobbyists, Big Business, and any other special interest, unilke his opponent.
* Miller has been up front and transparent about his intentions. Imagine, an honest politician!
This is why THE PLANET says the future of democracy in Berkshire County is at stake in this race: If the electorate is AT ALL paying attention, if it is IN THE LEAST of the belief that the phony, slimeball politics of which Chris Speranzo is poster boy have to end immediately, and if, IN THE SLIGHTEST, they retain a semblance of what true and just, there is NO WAY they will return Speranzo to the legisalture. If they have done THE LEAST AMOUNT of due diligence in the huge job that is their responsibility in a so-called participatory government, the will elect MARK MILLER on Tuesday.
The 3rd Berkshire contest will be a litmus test.If they vote to return the slime to an already slippery and acrid Beacon Hill, we can confidently say: IT’S OVER. “They,” the special interests, will have won. We the People might as well sit on the sofa eating bon bons and watching Lady Gaga. We will have proven worthy, if not of our bread, then of their circuses. Shame on us if we let this become our fate.
People, don’t let this last chance slip through your fingers. Take back your government. Elect MARK MILLER on Tuesday and tell Chris Spuranzo where he can shove his arrogance and his presumption.
COMING TOMORROW: THE PLANET’S ENDORESEMENTS FOR NOV. 2 DONT’ MISS IT!!!
We leave you with our thought for the night:
It’s never wrong if, in holding a slimeball politician’s feet to the fire, to give him a red ass in the process — Sir Tiberius Fruitjuice.